Saturday, January 3, 2009

Food Après the Holidays

The holidays are now over and I'm kind of glad. This time of year can be really stressful. You're always thinking "what if they don't like my gifts?" or "do I bring champagne to the New Year's party or will they already have some?" Anyway that's all behind me and I've been getting in the kitchen quite a bit lately.

I go through periods of lazy cooking where I just have vegan sausages and salad, bean burritos, or just a bowl of tater tots. I'm sort of in the middle of one of these lazy periods right now but I've found some time to make a meal that takes longer in the kitchen.

Just an hour after midnight on New Year's I left my friend's house to go back home. The streets were completely deserted until.....I arrive at my tiny street with 5 buildings on it and there are 8 police cars and a fire truck. There were so many that I couldn't get my car through to park in my driveway. Of fucking course, right? At least the building wasn't on fire though. Probably just some harmless murder or something.

Some things I've made recently worth blogging about:

Lunch at work one day (english muffins, cilantro hummus, tomatoes, and cucumbers)



Tofu Scramble with Vegan Italian Sausage


Spicy Black Bean Patties with Salsa and Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Tofu and Broccoli with Hoisin Sauce (recipe from Vegan Fire and Spice by Robin Robertson)

No comments: