Monday, March 17, 2008

Garlic Bread and the California Coast

Wow! Today was just beautiful. The sun was big in the sky and no clouds could be seen. In a couple days it will officially be Spring and today I could definitely see that Spring was in the air.

For work I had to travel 2 hours by car (one way) to Pebble Beach (Monterey area). It was the perfect day for a field trip out of the office. Once I left San Jose and reached the sweet smell of pines in the Santa Cruz Mountains I realized that this was a time to treasure. I don't know if I'll ever have another work day like this in the next few years so I really soaked it up.

I left my camera at home but here are some sights I saw on my day out.

Lexington Reservoir:


Watsonville Artichokes:


Sand City:


Monterey:


Pebble Beach:



Garlic is my favorite vegetable/herb/spice thing. So I only thought it natural to make some Ranch Garlic Bread. I threw together some Vegan Ranch Dressing, then mixed in about 6 cloves of minced garlic and then spread it all over the inside of a mini baguette. I wrapped it in foil and baked for about 20 minutes then unwrapped it and broiled for a few more minutes. It went especially well with a mixed green and purple salad.


1 comment: