Friday, March 14, 2008

Mexican Pita Pizza

I LLLOOOOVVVEEE avocados and have been eating them a lot lately. But they are a touchy fruit. You never know exactly when they are just ripe enough. Sometimes I cut one open and it's all brown on the inside and then other times they are squishy on the outside but when I cut them open they are so firm that it's hard to mash them up. It's alright though, I take it all in stride. The only thing I don't like is how expensive they are. I really only buy them when they're on sale or if I get them cheap at the farmer's market.

Mexican Pita Pizza:

-Get a whole wheat pita bread
-Mash an avocado and chop up a little tomato and cucumber; mix together with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. garlic powder.
-Mix some vegetarian refried beans with taco or burrito seasoning
-Spread beans on pita and put in oven at 350 deg for a few minutes
-Take out the pita and let cool for a few minutes
-Spread on guacamole mixture and then top with more chopped tomatoes, olives, and anything else you like
-Eat and enjoy

No comments: