Friday, March 28, 2008

OREOS!!

Healthy: no

Vegan: Hell Yeah!!

How come no one told me oreos were vegan? Oh god, I can imagine myself now slumped over my couch gorging on a whole package of yummy vegan junk food.



Here are the ingredients for the American Oreos: SUGAR, ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), HIGH OLEIC CANOLA OIL AND/OR PALM OIL AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, BAKING SODA, CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN (EMULSIFIER), VANILLIN-AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.

I hear that Canadian and European Oreos still contain whey (milk product). Sad for them! Great for me!!

4 comments:

Steffi said...

lucky American! the variety they sell here isn't vegan.

Shelle said...

Thank god! Now I'll have something more than tortilla chips to offer you when you come over!

Troy said...

For a long time they contained whey - but not anymore! Sorry I didn't tell you, Kyle! No these are not healthy but Paul Newman's are a little better - no trans-fat.

Merchant Processing said...

That is funny. I wonder if they did that on purpose?