Monday, February 11, 2008

VEGANOMICON

YAY! So I have finally joined the ranks of vegans from around the world who own a copy of VEGANOMICON: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (V-con). It is truly an amazing book, and quite thorough too. It includes everything from over 250 recipes, how to cook certain veggies, beans, and grains, stocking items in the vegan pantry, and how to have fun while cooking. I love it! This book is authored by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero who also wrote Vegan with a Vengeance, but this book is way way better. Since the first book was an extension of the Post Punk Kitchen Show, does that make this book the Post-post-punk vegan book?

I made the Brooklyn Deli Macaroni Salad from V-con. I'm in love. It tastes as good or better than it looks. This will be a must for any BBQ or picnic in my opinion.


Brooklyn Deli Macaroni Salad:





Oh by the way, this was the first day I have ever used radishes in a dish. Radishes remind me of my grandmother for some reason. I think it's because she always used them in green salads. The last time I had a radish, in fact, was probably about 10-15 years ago when I spent my summers in Canada with my grandparents. Good memories. I miss you Grandma!

No comments: