Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Squashy Squash Bread (Zucchini Bread[or is it zookini])

I love the snow!! Unfortunately, it hardly ever snows down in the Silicon Valley but we do get a few dustings of snow on the hilltops during winter. We recently had a few cold storms and it rained a lot in San Jose but the hills got a little bit of snow. Too bad I didn't have extra time to go up the road and play in it. In the picture below you can barely see the snow. It's at the very tops of the hills. I wish it would snow down here in the valley though.




Michelle made a wonderful Zucchini bread for New Year's Eve and I was really craving to make some of my own. She gave me her awesome recipe but I decided to use a different one because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, but I found a recipe where I did have everything. It was easy to make and it's the first "quick bread" that I have made. I have made Focaccia and Pizza Dough before, but never anything like this.






The bread turned out pretty shallow because I used too big of a bread loaf pan.

I can't wait until the next holiday season. It would be great to get some mini loaf pans and wrap the loaves in some decorative paper with a ribbon and give as gifts.

The bread looks so shallow that the picture below looks as if it could be biscotti. Oh, by the way Michelle, my Zucchini Bread held together really well. The next time I go to Whole Foods I will try to remember to buy you some Ener-G Egg Replacer powder. It works wonders.




Aaaahhhh! I'm dreaming about my breakfast tomorrow: Warm Zucchini Bread with margarine. :)

1 comment:

Shelle said...

Okay, that'd be great. Just remember to get some CHEESELESS egg replacer, well, cuz, you know me and cheese.