Thursday, January 31, 2008

Keepin' It Simple

This may seem like a simple meal but it actually took a bit of time to prepare. I made Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce served on a bed of brown rice. I guess it is a pretty easy dish to make. But, the flavors are so robust your mouth will scream with joy.

Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce:




I always make my rice with vegetable broth instead of water which gives it a great flavor.

I used the recipe from Ina Garten's page (the Barefoot Contessa) at the Food Network website. I will make this again and again. It's really good for just a little broccoli dish.

Recipe at:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_28477,00.html

This is the last post of January. We're one month into 2008 already. It's incredible...literally IN-CREDIBLE!

1 comment:

Shelle said...

I LOVE The Barefoot Contessa show. I love that she grows a lot of her own herbs in her frontyard! (Which is also facing the beach! I'm jealous.) I always imagined myself skipping into my backyard, adorned in a checkered apron and carrying a wooden basket to collect fresh produce. Sometimes I do that, except I carry a shovel and some plastic doggy bags, and what I collect, only Minnie finds to be edible.

You should try to catch Lydia's Italy, too, but it's not on the Food Network. Your veggies look yummy!