Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cappellini Alfreda

I absolutely love pasta. I love Italian food. I love making new things. I love trying new meals and enjoy making dishes that contain ingredients which I already have at home.

I am, however, always looking at recipes online for inspiration. Today I really wanted to cook some pasta that's been sitting on the shelf for a while looking all sad and wanting to be boiled. When I usually make pasta I use a vegan pesto powder that I boil with olive oil and water. I didn't feel like pesto tonight so I decided to do some research.

I was looking for a vegan alfredo sauce recipe that I can use, but, unfortunately, most of them contain tofu, which is fine, but tofu sauces require a sturdy food processor in order to get them right. Right now, I just have a little cheap blender that overheats easily so a tofu sauce recipe is out of the question. I did, however, find a recipe in VwaV (Vegan with a Vengeance, for those of you not in the secret vegan circle). It called for Fettucine but I had Cappellini on-hand and it worked well.

I have a new love affair with Cilantro. Actually we go back pretty far, but, now I am addicted. I want cilantro, I need cilantro, I love cilantro, I want to give a hug and kiss to my cilantro. Oh, how do I love thee, monsieur cilantro?

Yum for Cappellini Alfreda. It's like sex on a plate! But, unlike sex, it doesn't disappoint!

No comments: